How to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Florida
Car accidents bring enough problems on their own. For example, after a car crash in Florida, you face issues such as:
- Vehicle Repairs: Generally, vehicles suffer damage during car accidents; of course, the severity of this damage depends on the accident itself, but suffice it to say you are probably looking at a damaged vehicle in need of repair—of course, if it is not a total loss.
- Property Damage and Repair Costs: Sometimes car crashes cause property damage beyond damage to your vehicle. For example, if you crash into someone else’s property – a fence or other structure, for example – you could be looking at a payout for repairing that damage, too.
- Car Insurance Agents: We have nothing against car insurance agents, but dealing with them can be a headache, especially when you do not see eye-to-eye on insurance compensation.
Now, what if you throw personal injury into the mix? Things just go a whole lot worse.
Also Read : How to Proceed After a Slip & Fall Injury
Know When to Hire a Florida Personal Injury Attorney
Sometimes, car accidents involve more than just filing a claim with your insurance agent (or the other party’s insurance agency) and getting compensation for vehicle repairs and other damages; sometimes, car accidents involve personal injury.
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, you now face issues including, but not limited to:
- Doctor visits, including emergency room visits and hospitalization.
- Prescribed medications and other treatments.
- Organizing reports and other paperwork that documents your injuries.
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering.
- Time off of work, which includes lost wages.
- Disability and a decreased ability to bring in income.
Along with each of these issues comes the factor of cost, too. Medical visits, prescription medications, physical and occupational therapy, lost work time – it all costs money.
In cases of personal injury caused by car accidents, it is beneficial to have a skilled attorney with experience in personal injury cases by your side.
A personal injury attorney can make sure you get the compensation you deserve after you are involved in an injury-causing car crash.
Personal injury lawyers are always beneficial whenever you experience a personal injury, but they are especially beneficial if:
- You experience serious personal injuries such as traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries.
- The accident made any existing injuries worse.
- The insurance companies are offering insufficient settlements or even are trying to deny the injuries or worsened injuries were caused by the accident.
Also, a personal injury attorney can help you when you suffer losses that are not financial, such as:
- You experience loss of a loved one or other companionship.
- You experience emotional pain and suffering.
Interview Each Personal Injury Attorney You Consider
Choosing a personal injury attorney in Florida is similar to an interview process. Your personal injury matters – and is possibly even severe – so you want a lawyer who will represent you to the fullest extent.
In other words, you want the highest possible amount of compensation, and you want the attorney who can get it for you.
As you shop around for personal injury lawyers in Florida, consider asking each candidate questions about:
- Fees: First, find out if the personal injury attorney charges a consultation fee. Unfortunately, some do. Second, find out how much you’ll have to pay for the attorney’s services. Is there a retainer? Do you pay half up front and half when the case is settled? Or, do you not pay anything unless the attorney wins the case? Make sure you can afford the appointed fee structure.
- Education: Where did the attorney go to law school? If you have time, consider doing some research on the university. Find out its reputation for producing successful lawyers, especially those who work with personal injury cases.
- Experience: How long has the attorney been practicing law? Specifically, how long has the attorney been practicing personal injury law? Even more specifically, what is the attorney’s track record with his personal injury cases? Has he had cases similar to yours? What were the outcomes?
- Third-Parties: Who will be working on your case? Will the personal injury attorney dedicate his full attention to your case, or will he delegate a certain amount of the workload to paralegals or other legal assistants?
- Involvement: How involved will you be in the process? Will the attorney handle all aspects of your personal injury case, or will there be times when your involvement is necessary? For example, is it likely the case will go to trial, and if so, will you need to testify?
These are just a few of the questions you will want to talk about with potential personal injury attorneys; undoubtedly, additional questions will arise during the conversations.
However, aside from the lawyers’ answers themselves, pay attention to how you feel. Are you comfortable in the attorney’s presence? Do his answers make you feel assured?
Are you at ease in his presence? These are all important factors to consider when hiring someone who will be handling your personal injury fate.
Begin With the Law Firm of Glotzer & Kobren
Property damage, vehicle repairs, dealing with car insurance agents – when you are involved in a car accident, you have enough to worry about; if you suffered a personal injury, too, that list just got longer.
That is why it’s so important to get a skilled personal injury attorney with experience in car accident cases on your side.
Such an attorney can help you get the compensation you not only need, but also deserve, for medical costs, physical and emotional pain and suffering, disability and loss of income, and more.
Glotzer & Kobren can represent you in personal injury cases involving, but not limited to:
- Motor vehicle accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats.
- Bicycle accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents.
- Hit-and-run accidents.
- Head-on and rear-end crashes.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect.
- Workers’ compensation cases.
- Medical malpractice.
- Premise liability cases, such as slips and falls.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Drunk-driving accidents.
- Accidents involving passenger injuries.
- Accidents involving texting while driving.
If you or a loved one is injured in an accident, visit glotzerlaw.com or contact Glotzer & Kobren, P.A. at 561-300-6900 to discuss your rights. Serving Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Deerfield Beach & throughout Florida.
Related Blogs :